Monday 15 August 2011

Tiare Taporo III

Hi again,
Sorry to bombard you with messages but I have just re-read your email and I note that among other things you claim that Cat One protects New Zealanders from foreign threats. Just how is a piece of paper supposed to do that and what foreign threats are you referring to? No-one in New Caledonia is remotely interested in our Cat One certificate and I suspect that would be the case world-wide.
I would also be interested to know the percentage of foreign flagged yachts as opposed to NZ registered yachts leaving NZ in each year. You cannot enforce Cat One on foreign vessels and NZ has an obligation to provide search and rescue services to any boat regardless of flag in its zone of rescue responsibility so it could hardly be claimed to be a cost saving measure.
I'd be interested in your comments.
Regards,
Jim Donald
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.