Wednesday 21 April 2010

Fw: Tiare Taporo III

Copy of 2nd. email -

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jim Donald <tiare_taporo@yahoo.co.nz>
To: Craig Partridge Yachts <info@partridgeyachts.com>
Cc: info@norsand.co.nz; editor@boatingnz.co.nz
Sent: Wed, 21 April, 2010 10:27:13 PM
Subject: Re: Tiare Taporo III

One other thing I should have added to my earlier email. Your own refrigeration guy (when he visited the boat at Doves Bay, Kerikeri) said that the gas was no problem. The only advice that he could proffer was to waste the space in the bottom of the freezer by providing racks to lift the contents well off the bottom so that there was air circulation. But what about chest freezers where this is never a problem?
It looks as though we will have to put up with a 2nd rate installation by continuing to adopt makeshift measures to raise the freezer contents high enough to ensure they remain frozen.
This, along with the many other defficiencies experienced as a result of being in your yard, can only add to my extreme sense of disappointment and not a little anger at the treatment I have received as a result of your attitude. We have many acquaintances now in the international cruising fraternity and you cannot be surprised if we do not pass these feelings on.
Jim Donald 


From: Craig Partridge Yachts <info@partridgeyachts.com>
To: Jim Donald <tiare_taporo@yahoo.co.nz>
Sent: Wed, 21 April, 2010 2:50:16 PM
Subject: Re: Tiare Taporo III

Hi Jim
 
I am not sure why I am replying to you, as I understand you have bagged me round town, on your blog site and have all your letters to me on the wall at Norsand. I have advise my lawyer of this.
But I will reply as I am not vindictive, firstly the freezer system is water cooled so it will not efficient out of the water and secondly you may need to top up your gas in the system
 
Craig
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Donald
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:09 PM
Subject: Tiare Taporo III

Hi Craig,
We are out of the water at the moment and re-launching on May 7th. We have been experimenting with various racks and heights in the freezer but so far the best we've acheived is minus 5 degrees - still not enough to freeze or keep frozen. Your advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim Donald 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.